Warrington carpet cleaners - Professional carpet and upholstery cleaning in Warrington. Call 0790 823 6411 or 01925 541449
Appleton, Bewsey, Birchwood , Bruche, Burtonwood, Callands, Croft, Culcheth, Daresbury, Fearnhead, Golborne, Gorse Covert, Glazebury, Great Sankey, Grappenhall, Latchford, Lymm, Moore, Newton le Willows, Old Hall Orford, Padgate, Penketh, , Risley, Stockton Heath, Stretton, Thelwall, Walton, Westbrook ,Woolston, Winwick
Stains in my carpets
How to remove crayon from carpet
• Always remove the excess crayon off with a dull−edge knife or metal spoon. Spray the area with some WD−40 and let it stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush gentle work with crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Re spray the area with WD−40 and apply a small quantity of a liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure.
How to remove grease from carpet
• Scrape excess grease off with a dull−edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD−40 and let stand a few minutes. Blot with a paper towel. Re spray with WD−40 work in with a brush taking care not to brush and damage the carpet. Then blot stain again with a clean soft towel. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. It can take several goes to completely remove the grease. Acetone is also effective and does not leave a residue
How to remove chewing gum from carpet
• Freeze the gum using an ice cube. Shatter the frozen gum with a knife handle and vacuum.
How to remove coffee from your carpet after the accident
• Wet the spot with cold water and blot it. Always remove by pressing downward. Never rub in a circular motion as this can damage the carpet and spread the stain. Blot with a white, cotton towel or suction block (a pad specially designed for removing wet stains) and by doing this you will be able to see the coffee residues transferring onto the towel. If this carpet cleaning method doesn’t work, after applying the product place a towel on the area and stand on it to assist in removing the residues. Alternatively use a wet vac to achieve this
How to remove red wine from your carpet after the accident
• Wet the spot with cold water and blot it. Always remove by pressing downward. Never rub in a circular motion as this can damage the carpet and spread the wine. Blot with a white, cotton towel or suction block (a pad specially designed for removing wet stains) and by doing this you will be able to see the residues transferring onto the towel. If this carpet cleaning method doesn’t work, use a weak diluted solution of dishwashing detergent. After applying the diluted dishwashing liquid remove all chemical residue by pushing down hard with a towel then follow with a water rinse to fully flush the residue. Repeat the blotting and leave the carpet to dry thoroughly. Alternatively place a couple of towels on the area and stand on them for 5 minutes or so after you have applied the rinse water (jump up and down)
this helps remove more of the water and residues.
How to remove urine from your carpet after the accident
• Despite what you may read on websites, urine cannot be neutralised with vinegar, detergent, water, soda water, baking soda, ammonia, solvents and the other "helpful" suggestions posted on free forums from well-meaning pet owners. We see this so often when home owners have treated a urine spill themselves with the above techniques and by the time we get to see the affected areas they need specialist treatment which is expensive and time consuming. The fact remains that urine has certain components that if not eliminated immediately will develop under the carpet and provide staining and odour issues for YEARS to come. Yes years. Cat urine components can stay in a carpet for 10 years and more and consistently produce odour every time the area gets warm so use a product that will work and eliminate the urine instantly. These guys are experts in animal and human urine
How to remove faeces from your carpet after the accident
• Runny faeces can present some real challenges for home owners as the residues penetrate deep into carpet layers and these need to me removed or odour and dangerous bacteria will build. Use a wet vac and douse the area with a mixture of warm water, some disinfectant and a small amount of detergent. Extract the carpet and repeat the process. Perform the sniff test at this stage. if you can still smell it then it is still in the carpet so keep applying the information above. You may need to apply twice and let the product work (it can take a few minutes to foam up) This product will draw the residues out of the carpet and immediately and permanently remove the odour.
How to remove highlighter from your carpet after the accident
• Highlighter or fluro marker is water based but water will not remove the ink. You need an alkaline and then acid to remove it. Firstly in a half cup of warm water add two teaspoons of normal table salt. (SPOT TEST CARPET FIRST) Once you have mixed that have the equivalent amount of white vinegar in another cup. Apply the salt mixture first and you will see the ink start to reduce in colour. Follow up straight away with a white vinegar mixture and blot using a clean towel. This will transfer the ink into the towel. Repeat if necessary
How to remove permanent ink from your carpet
Scrape excess grease off with a dull−edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD−40 and let stand a few minutes. Blot with a paper towel. Re spray with WD−40 work in with a brush taking care not to damage the carpet. Then blot stain again with a clean soft towel. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. It can take several goes to completely remove the grease. Acetone is also effective. Repeat if necessary